Summary notifications are a new feature under ACE. They are basically messages from the import specialist with information and instructions about the entry. Some of these messages require a timely response and may be received well after an entry has been paid.
Notification reasons and actions necessary are as follows.
- Request for electronic invoice data only – this request is for electronic invoice data only to be filed and only if the filer is an Automated Invoice Interface participant.
- Request for the entry summary package – this request is for the entry summary documentation in accordance with 19 USC 1484 and 19 CFR parts 142 and 143. Note that the entry summary package for ACE does not need a paper 7501. Documents for this type of request may be filed on paper with the import specialist team identified in this record or may be scanned and uploaded electronically via the ACE Secure Data Portal using the Action Identification Number displayed as the document’s identification.
- Request for specific documents – this request is for one or more specific type(s) of document(s). The CBP user will specify what documents are needed in the remarks. Documents for this type of request may be filed on paper with the import specialist team identified in this record or may be scanned and uploaded electronically via the ACE Secure Data Portal using the Action Identification Number displayed as the document’s identification.
- Entry summary rejected – an authorized CBP user has rejected this entry summary. Please see the CBP user’s remarks for a further explanation of the reason. The filer has 2 working days to respond to this rejection.
- ACE entry summary inactivated – an authorized CBP user has inactivated this entry summary as requested by the filer. You may now refile in ACS.
- Entry summary canceled – an authorized CBP user has canceled this entry summary as requested by the filer.
- Document receipt acknowledgment – a CBP user has received the paper documentation as requested from a previous entry summary status notification message or the filer has successfully uploaded documents using the ACE Secure Data Portal
- A Post Summary Correction (PSC) has been presented by another filer for the entry summary.
- The liquidation date for this entry summary has changed
How to use it
To help manage summary notifications we have added a new
20. Manage ACE Notifications option on the ABI View menu that allows you to view and manage notifications.Each notification will require a response to remove it from your action list.
Part of your ACE management process may involve a daily visit to this screen to see what messages require action. We’ll trigger an Xcb event for summary notifications, so you can set up an automatic email to warn one of your team whenever a message comes in.
We allow you to view and respond to summary notifications from the tracking Other Info screen. However, we don’t recommend using this as the primary management tool since these notifications may be issued even after the summary is accepted or paid.