How to use BOSweb Tools to fix JAVA and BOSweb issues
This article describes how to use the BOSweb Tools program to fix specific JAVA and BOSweb issues.
- BOSweb will not run since upgrading to JAVA 126.96.36.199.
- I receive a blank black screen when I load the display in BOSweb.
- I receive a JAVA security issue with the page.
- I sometimes lose print jobs where they disappear from my printer.
- I can't set up my printers because I don't have rights to save printer configurations in BOSweb.
Symptoms 1-3 are because newer versions of Java are doing things differently with how they load the applets. The rest are basically permissions and a few bugs that have been patched.
- Download the BOSwebTools
- Once you've downloaded the file, exit your browser.
- Double click on BOSwebTools.exe (You might receive a Windows Defender SmartScreen warning preventing you from running this tool. Click on "more info" and click on "Run anyway".)
- Follow the wizard.
- NOTE - If you had Internet Explorer open during this you will need to close all instances of Internet Explorer and start it back up in order for these changes to take affect.
- You can now delete the install folder. It should be located in your Downloads folder and called: Xtheta
If you are still experiencing issues please feel free to email our Support staff or give us a call.